Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break '09

This past week was our Spring Break. I can't believe that it is already over, but that also means we are 9 wks closer to Summer, whoo hoo!!! To kick off our Spring Break, Lucas put the girls' new beds together, all three of them. They all slept well that first night.

Erynn in her crib
Avery in her first twin bed, she was in a toddler bed before this

Andie in her twin with her new headboard, yes we are still working on the girls' room, but almost done
We took the girls to the Phoenix Zoo this past weekend. It was so much fun. The girls had a great time. The last time we were at this zoo, Avery was a baby. I guess we are sort of starting a tradition.

Erynn at the zoo. When she wasn't looking adorable, she was sleeping

Andie and Avery posing for the camera at the zoo's entrance

Andie and Avery peeking over the bridge to look at the biggest Goldfish I have ever seen

These fish were seriously bigger than Avery

Some lazy turtles lounging around greeting the zoo visitors
We took many pictures, but I'll only share our favorite with you. Unfortunately, we happened to go to the zoo when most of the animals were napping. The Jaguar, Tiger, and Lion's were all sleeping and hard to photograph.

Andie happened upon a group of Peacocks, they were beautiful and were only like 3 ft away from us. There was no fence, so I freaked out when they started to walk toward us.

This Wallaby looked like it was about to pounce, but so cool to see

Avery likes to call herself a monkey and swore up and down that this was her daddy

We were all amazed at the size of this tortoise

This ostrich was so close, hard to believe birds can get this big
A big reason we went to Phoenix was for my sister-in-law Lisa's baby shower. Earlier in the week, Andie and Avery went to the ceramic shop in downtown Safford and painted presents for their new cousin.
Avery painted a butterfly pink and purple. She also painted that little farmer, because she broke off his rake.

Andie painted a little teddy bear and got to do a "dry brush" paint job on it
The shower was fun and Lisa got some really nice stuff. Plus it's always fun to get around family and eat yummy food.
This is Lisa giving us her best "Miss Graham Cracker" wave

So that pretty much sums up our Spring Break, oh ya, I also got in some great shopping!! I loved being able to spend so much time with my family, especially my husband. Thank goodness I was still on maternity leave during the break, there is no way I would have had so much time off otherwise. I have 4 more weeks before I have to go back to work. I miss my work, but enjoying my time with my girls way to much. I know that my work buddies read this, so I'll give them a shout out:
I really do miss you guys. Hope I remember how to do my job when I get back, ha ha!!

2 comments:

ToddNSass said...

Haha. We miss you too Erica! Heidi and Eliza were reading your blog while we were at work today. Fun times!
Your girls are all gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

What a fun Spring Break! I'm jealous cause we don't get Spring Break here. Zoo's are so much fun. Avery is just to funny thinking her daddy was the monkey! And the ceramics are beautiful! Great job girls!!!