Friday, March 27, 2009

Almost whole night of sleep

Last night I got out of the house for a bit and left Lucas in charge of getting baby down. He hasn't had much time to do this lately with work, baseball, and online classes. Erynn likes to throw little fits when daddy tries to lay her down. I think it is because she misses him and wants to spend more time with him, (wink, wink).

So Erynn had already been nursed and bathed when I left the house. When I got home, Lucas was so excited because she went to bed with no fits or crying. He swaddled her up and layed her in her crib, awake, and she fell off to dreamland peacefully. I was so happy for him. I was a getting a bit concerned. I go back to work in two weeks and worried about he and Erynn would do when I worked nights.

When I got home at 9:30, she was already fast asleep. I was even more excited when I was awoken at 3:30am for her feed. That was a whole 7 hours between feeds and a 6 hour stretch of sleep. She then woke up at 7am as usual. I think we are getting closer and closer to a whole night of sleep. I honestly can't remember the last time I slept through the night. This sleep deprivation is so worth it though!!!

1 comment:

Annie Taylor said...

Yeah!!! I remember how great it was when the baby's first slept for a continual 6 hours, and you got 7, congrats.