Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy B-day Mom!!

Happy Birthday Mom!!
Hope that you had a great b-day!
Yesterday was my mom's birthday. That's right she is a St. Patty's baby. She is the youngest of my grandma's five children and was definitely the princess. She still acts like a princess, ha ha! Don't' get me wrong, she can be crazy when she wants to be. I have to admit that it is funnest with my mom when she just relaxes and lets herself be silly. It is fun to make her laugh.

She is such a great grandma. My girls absolutely adore her.

She has been there for the birth of all three of my daughters. I think that it is nice to have things in common with my mother. We both are mothers to three girls. She is the one that introduced me to "Period Films". It is because of her that I love Jane Austen so much. She has a mild obsession for "Gone With the Wind". She even has the theme song as her ring tone.

She has a really good heart and works heard to do things for others. She works as a school counselor on the reservation. She does her best to help out the kids with troubled backgrounds and home lives. She has told me that they are like her kids.

My mom has worked really hard to be a mother, as well as an educated woman. She is very independent and smart. She has a Bachelor's and Master's degree and inspired me to get my degree after having Andie. I think that it is really important to show my girls that education is important and I learned that from my mother.
I love you mom!!!

3 comments:

Windsor World said...

That's so awesome that your super close with your mom! I dont' know what I would do without my mom either! She looks good for celebrating a bday..doesn't look a day over 30! ;)

lofgreenlegacy said...

I loved reading about your mom and your sister. It was so sweet. I see Alyssa in Thriftee...she is so cute! I didn't know she was married either...anyways, I hope all is well...and you are enjoying your time off.

ToddNSass said...

Hehe. Yeah, I have to confess that Madilyn won't be 1 until the 31st. But, that was a long trip and she wanted to watch the DVD player so she is now sitting forward. Don't tell! (We turned Evan forward at 10 months. I know, we're terrible parents). Our kids are just so huge!