Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Can't Get a Break

This evening (well I guess it was yesterday evening) I was on my way to take the girls to dance when I decided to call my Grandma. When she answered the phone she told me that she had fallen. I was like "Oh My Gosh." She told me that there was a lady there helping her get up. I asked if she wanted me there now, she said yes. So I rushed to my sister's house, dropped off all three girls, called Lucas and headed out to San Jose. By the time I got there my cousin Marty was there and a few other relatives. They had already called the ambulance.

Turns out my grandmother had gone to town earlier that day and after eating dinner and putting away groceries, she tripped over a rug and fell on her left side. She was not able to crawl to the phone for help, so began calling for my cousin Ronald to come and help her get up. Well it just so happened that her neighbor was riding their horses and heard her calling for help and came to see what was going on.

When the ambulance got there two EMTs came and put her on a stretcher, they said what I had already been thinking. She either dislocated her hip or broke it. I was leaning more toward the break because of how much pain she was in. We got to the hospital and after 5 hours, we found out that she indeed broke her hip and is going to need surgery today.

I was really hoping to stay at the hospital until she was settled in a room, but I needed to get home to feed the baby. My grandma is in a lot of pain right now and I pray that she is getting some rest with the help of pain killer and a sleep aid.

Can I just say that I am so sick of hospitals at this moment. I know that I work at one and it isn't the work that bugs me, it is having to be there for family. My grandpa fell in November and then again at the end of December. In January he was at St. Joes in Phoenix. I had to take Andie to TMC in January as well. Erynn was admitted at the end of February and now my grandma in March. That is 5 months of hospital visits.

Well I am now going to try and get some rest before the poo really hits the fan. Is that even really possible?

2 comments:

Mrs Salas said...

PRAYERS.PRAYERS. PRAYERS That is what I am sending you Erica, you poor thing, I understand how tiring this all can be. But know our God never fails. His love endures forever!! Forever God is Faithful forever God is Strong, Forever God is with us. Forever.

Windsor World said...

Erica,
I am so sorry to hear that about your Grandma and also about the situation going on with the baby.. I'm sure you are super stressed right now, if there is anything I can do please feel free to ask..take care your family is in our prayers.