Monday, March 16, 2009

Bestest Little Sister

Alisa Marie Wren
25-years-old today!!!
"You are more than my sister. You are friend, companion, keeper of memories, and a reservoir of who I was and what I am becoming."
I can only hope and pray that my girls are as close as you, me, and Angela are.
My little sister turns 25 today. She was actually born one day before my mother, so ya, my mom's b-day is tomorrow. Alisa is two years younger than me. Growing up we spent most of our time fighting, I'll admit that, but I wouldn't trade her for any other little sister. This blog will have some memories and gushing about what a great person she is.

Alisa is a great auntie. My girls adore her. She loves to be the nice one. When I am yelling at the girls for something or other, she is the one telling them it's O.K. to do that. The funny thing is when I am O.K. with what they are doing and they are driving her crazy, she tells me I need to get after my kids more often. Go figure. I know that when the time comes, she will be a great mother. (Don't worry, I'll teach you how to braid.)

Alisa is such a ham. She can always make me laugh, she can make anyone laugh. There are so many times when we are together, we are laughing. She can make me laugh so hard I cry. There was this one time at Red Lobster where Alisa made me laugh so hard that I actually had an accident (you know what kind of accident). How embarrassing. We laugh at some of the dumbest things, ("Hello Oliver," "Ja-pan-eese").

Alisa is always willing to help me. Well, most of the time. I can't remember how many times I bugged her to come over and help me choreograph a dance routine. We have danced together for many years. We started dancing really young and were always making up our own dances. (Remember "Baby Baby"?) We were on the dance team together and I couldn't have been more proud to be a team member with her. She is the best dang hip-hopper I have ever seen. (I have to share this Alice.) When we went to Vegas for her b-day/bachelorette party a few years ago, she was dancing on the bar at Coyote Ugly and one of the bouncers was really getting into seeing her dance. He even pulled me aside to say how good she was.

Like I said there were the times that we fought as well. I remember this one time when we were home alone, we were fighting about something. Well Alisa got really mad at me. (She can get a little violent when pushed to far.) I ended up locking myself in my room to get away from her. She then went to the kitchen and grabbed a knife. I'm not joking. She wrote "kill you" on it and pushed it under my bedroom door. Well my plan was to show my parents, but she got in the room and cleaned it off before my parents got home.
There was also this other time when she was mad at me and threw a remote control at my head. It really didn't hurt that bad, but when I saw my mother walk by, I started to cry. She got in trouble for that.

1 comment:

Todd & Alisa Wren said...

Thank you. I couldn't ask for better sisters either, and despite our crazy childhood, I am so glad that we are such good friends now. I really enjoyed your blog. But I didn't cry, I took a paxil today! :-) I love you.