Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dankworth Pond

Lucas had it in his head that he wanted to take the family to Dankworth Pond. When we have our little adventures, Lucas is usually the mastermind behind the planning. He planned out Grand Canyon trip a few years back, every time we go up to Mt. Graham and wants to also visit Kartchner Caverns and the Cliff Dwelling on the way to Lake Roosevelt. A few weeks ago, we visited Dankworth Pond and hiked about 1.5 miles, in flip flops. Will I ever learn? In my defense, I didn't realize there would be so much walking. I was a nice cloudy day and they have this replica of old Native American homes, like teepee's and rock houses.

Andie and Avery looking over the pond.


The view from the upper portion near the pond.


There was this little area where the trees covered us, the girls thought it was creepy.


Erynn playing around with daddy. Look at the clouds. I love cloudy days.


Erynn and her toothless grin in on of the rock houses. Lucas is so silly.


Avery doing like the Natives and grinding corn


A makeshift teapea.


What is a day of hiking without a posing session.


Oh, what happened to Erynn's head? This is what you get when daddy takes the picture. Me and the girls posing in front of the pond.


Lucas and the girls in front of the Dankworth Pond.

6 comments:

Todd & Alisa Wren said...

Hey, that place looks cool. I will have to check it out sometime.

Windsor World said...

how fun! We took a trip to Riggs lake just yesterday and got rained out! What a ways to go..maybe next time we'll try Dankworth..haven't been there in ages!! I'll have to remember my tennis shoes when we go :D

Jason and Amanda said...

Looks like fun! We haven't been out there in forever. We are definitely going to have to take a trip there soon. I love the girls in the "creepy" trees- too funny!

Too Legit to Quit! said...

So cute!! I love your little family!

Jenn and Rob said...

your little one is getting soo big. I got the bow you made for Emme. It is perfect. Thank you so much. You need to teach me how to make them. I love putting bows and flowers in her hair. Thanks again for thinking of us! :)

Amy said...

Cute pics. Jacob does the same thing - never centers the photo. :) Looks like you had a good time. We have never been, might have to take a little trip.