Thursday, July 23, 2009

Amish Country

We had the opportunity to visit an Amish settlement. We had lunch there, it was great. They served lunch like it was Thanksgiving on platters and in bowls that you just passed around. The food was so good and it was a really nice restaurant. They had space downstairs where they sold home decor like Family wall hangings and a ton of Christian plaques. I wish that I had had room in my suitcase, there were so many things that I loved there. They had this huge mercantile that they converted into like a mall. I had three levels and a ton of different stores from scrapbooking to music shops to ceramics and candy. They also had buggy rides. It was so crazy driving into the town and seeing a ton of horse drawn buggies


One of the buggies.

Erynn trying Banana Cream Pie, the pies there were so good. Erynn couldn't get enough.


Out to lunch.


A quick family pic.


The Blue Gate Restaurant.


A silly toad that we passed at a ceramic shop. They were everywhere, this was the biggest.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Wow-- what a vacation! I have to say, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Amish restaurants. We've been a few times in Ohio & they're AMAZING! I'm jealous that you got a real, live vacation. I wish I could go somewhere far from home.

Amber H. said...

Wow, it sounds like you guys had SO much fun! I have to say, I've always wanted to visit Amish country so I am JEALOUS! Especially of that big mall with all of their stuff. I think I would die and go to heaven if I could ever visit there! You make me want to go on vacation. I'm glad you guys had such a great trip!