Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July

We had a pretty low key July 4th. I had to work that night, so we just had some Brats at home, Lucas makes the best ever. I was lucky to stay home until midnight and was able to take the girls to watch the fireworks. We have our little spot on the duck pond by the gazebo. This is the third year in our little spot. Andie and Avery spent their time before the display feeding the ducks and playing around with the other kids there. Erynn, believe it or not, slept through the entire display. It was afterward that I wish I could forget. I guess there was a car accident and so the police were directing all traffic in one direction. I was ridiculous trying to get out of there all at once. Lucas and I took two separate cars, in case I got called in, and the Mazda's clutch overheated. Lucas was stranded at Jobee's for a little while. Erynn was so tired at this point, it was like 10:00pm, she cried the whole way home. One we were all home and in our PJs, I could look back and enjoy the fun time we all had together. I am so grateful for all of the men and women that serve in the armed forces, that help to keep our country and my family safe. I got really emotional one point. Lucas and I were trying to teach Andie the Star Spangled Banner, and I started to cry. To think about what all those men and women go through serving in the wars and praying that they are safe and that they will see their families again. It was just really hard to think of being without my husband and girls. God Bless America!!!


My silly Andie, she didn't know that I had the camera out. She didn't get a chance to pose.


Avery patiently waiting for the Fireworks


My sweet little Erynn, her 1st, 4th of July.


I thought that this had a pretty cool reflection off the water.



2 comments:

Windsor World said...

Erica...the pictures turned out awesome! That's a good idea to go to the duck ponds, we just went up the road! Andie just came over to let us know you guys were heading out tomorrow! Have a super time on your trip and be careful!

Jason and Amanda said...

Looks like the 4th in Safford wasn't too bad! I love the pic witht the fireworks reflecting in the water!