Monday, May 25, 2009

Jon & Kate?

I am so sad. I have seen all the tabloids and the news about Jon & Kate Gosselin, the parents of twins and sextuplets, but I was in denial. I love this show. I watch it all the time. I thought it was so nice to see a family that cared about one another, but was able to have arguments and a house that was dirty from time to time. I admit, Kate can appear to be a little overbearing and bossy, but she is the woman in this household. She has 5 girls to be a good role model for. She has eight kids to provide for keep safe.

All I really have to say is that if it is true about the hole infidelity and open marriage crap, I think that is so wrong. How hard is it to keep marriage vows? I think that the minute you start to think that way, one should immediately try to not put oneself in that position. I have told Lucas time and time again, if he for any reason feels there might be someone better for him out there, or he has found someone else, I would rather he tell me and leave, rather than sneak around and have me catch him.

I can't imagine how much it would hurt to have rumors spread around about my husband being unfaithful. It is just another reminder to me that fame isn't everything. I am quite happy and content with my situation. I have a lovely house, three beautiful healthy daughters and a husband that I consider not just my love, but my friend.

I pray for all couples that they can keep in mind and in their sights, all the good things that originally brought them together. Marriage isn't easy, but it is worth it. I hope that anyone that reads this has that special someone, or is able to find them in this lifetime.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I totally feel your pain for Jon and Kate. I recorded the episode yesterday, and I was so frustrated when I watch it. Cheating is crap! He needs to work through it. I'm going to bring you Kiley's clothes after we go school shopping!

Ashley said...

Oops, I din't get to finish. I will bring the clothes for you to make bows!