Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Day in the ER

Well, I guess there has been a stomach thing going around our little town, big deal right. Well, yesterday morning I was at work, about 4am, I started to feel really nauseated. I figured that I was just really tired and needed to eat. I got home about 6:30, had a bowl of cereal and layed down with Erynn for a nap. Well, about 9am, I woke up to feed Erynn and had the worst stomach ache. I called my dad and he told me to go over to his house so I could rest and he would help me with Erynn. So, I went on over and layed down. 10am the diarrhea started (sorry). I layed down for a nap and at 12:30pm was having horrible pain that radiated to by back. I felt like I was having labor pains all over again.

At this point, my father was asking me about what I had eaten and said it looked like I had Salmonella. My pain would come and go, start in my abdomen, but then end up in my back. I was extremely nauseated, by this point. I called the clinic only to find out that they had no appointments and if I wanted to be seen, I would have "walk in" between 2-3:30pm. I went ahead and walk into the clinic at 2pm. I waited about 45min, saw Dr. Kartchner. He was assessing me. Asking about my appendix, abdominal tenderness. He then check up under my ribs for "Murphey's Sign". I about lost it. I couldn't help but start crying. It hurt so much in my back when he pressed in. At this point, he thought that I might have something going on with my gallbladder. He then said I needed to head on over to the ER.

I went to the ER, the whole way having pain when I breathed in my back. I was given an IV and thankfully, pain medication and nausea medication. I was so dang tired from not sleeping. They ran blood, I had an x-ray, and everything came back normal. At 7pm I was released. The Dr. said he thought that it was just a viral thing. So frustrating. I was so concerned about my kids and my poor husband was with me the whole time in the hospital. I am so glad that it wasn't anything serious, just hated all the hoop la. I went to bed super early last night only to find this morning that I still have the back pain and no kids. My sister took Andie and Avery for the night. I was so grateful. They had them sleep over, got Andie ready for school and Todd (my brother-in-law) took Avery with him to Benson for the day. Thank you guys so much. Unfortunately, Lucas now feels under the weather. He woke up this am with n/v/d. I hope that his isn't as bad as mine was.

Kind of crazy huh.

1 comment:

The Richards said...

Let me tell ya i have gotten that twice, clorox your house now! I had it then it took a turn on all my kids, i got it again and then they did again...needless to say it was like back to back and i really thought i was in full blown out labor, ouch! I wanted to go to the hospital but i fought it after being told by the nurse at the er that they had seen alot of it, and i am pregnant so i cant get any pain meds....anyways i understand and hope your situation doesn't turn into mine, Clorox!!!!