Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

We had a good Easter, unfortunately my wonderful husband didn't take any pictures of the girls before they went off to church with my mother-in-law. I had to work both Sat and Sun night and was not able to go. When I woke up from my nap I found out some disturbing news. It turns out that Avery was quite a little hit at Primary. My mother-in-law had taken the girls to her ward and so Avery was making all new friends. Well, Lucas tells me that my three year old got her first kiss that day, her first kiss on the lips. I couldn't believe it. Apparently, there was a little boy in her Primary class that came up to her and kissed her. He also told her he wanted her to be his girlfriend.

I knew that Avery was going to be my headache, boy crazy child, but she is not even four. I am so scared to see how she is going to be when she gets older. Lucas and I are already preparing ourselves. We love her dearly, but she is a challenge. She did tell Lucas that she was not going to marry that boy and that it was not O.K. for him to kiss her, because she was allergic to boys. She is a handful, but a cutie pie too.

Andie on the other hand, the little sneak, was trying to catch the Easter Bunny in the act of leaving her her basket. I hurried home on Sunday morning and set the baskets on the dinning room table, then went to feed Erynn. Well, Andie walks into the living room with this pouty face and says to me, "The Easter Bunny didn't come." I was like what do you mean. She then explained how she heard the garage door open and decided to check and see if there was anything for her. She then looked at me accusingly. I explained that I found the baskets on the front porch, but then she said that she looked and didn't find anything, drats. I guess she is a smart cookie. Well, Avery was so excited with the "Bunny's basket". A little later that day I made cookies and cut then into egg shapes. Andie was like, why did you only cut eggs, there are other things like Easter Bunnies. She then said, "Oh yeah, there is no Easter Bunny, Easter Bunny." The way she said it was funny. She was accusing me of being the Easter Bunny. Oh well.

My parents came over that evening and we hung out before I had to go to work. Erynn was so sweet cuddling up with my dad. I actually do have a pic of that and will post it later.

Anywho, I hope that everyone had a good Easter. I can't believe how fast the year is flying by. Before you know it, I will be blogging about Christmas!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm glad you had a great Easter. I love the picture at the top of your blog!

The Richards said...

Your girls are too cute! I love the kissing story i have a similar one with galatea, i am sure they will turn out to be great girls! I hope work is going good, i saw Isaac at the E.R. on saturday night and asked if he ever sees you he said nope she just had a baby, he is the same old I! I am glad you had a good Easter!

lofgreenlegacy said...

That is too cute!!! I can't believe you are already back to work! Work just sucks, I've decided! But I am going back to school for nursing, so if you have any tips for me I'll take them! The track meet is on Friday, hope to see you there. It was fun to get to sit and visit with you last year! Glad your Easter was good!