Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Had a Great Day

Well, today started off like any other day. After Andie got off to school, I spent most of the day listening to Avery sing songs from "Barbie and the Diamond Castle" (a really cute movie by the way) as she played with Barbies in her room. Avery loves to sing and I love to hear her sing. It is the cutest thing. When she sings, most of the time, she doesn't know all the words and the ways she sings it. She sings with such conviction and passion. Like she is performing for a large audience.

Since it is February, baseball season has started. Lucas is coaching the JV team and has practice everyday from 3:30-6:00. Today I found out that he didn't have a regular practice and didn't have to leave until 5:30. I was so happy to have my husband for 2 extra hours today. It is really nice to know that I truly enjoy my time with my husband. He jokes with me that I would get tired of him if he was home more, yeah right!

Oh, yeah and we got Erynn's birth certificate in the mail today. Not sure why this makes me so happy, but it was great. We put all her stuff with the other girls, it's like it makes it official somehow.

Wednesday nights, Lucas and I have a sort of date night. We take the girls to dance and gymnastics and then we go out to dinner. Well, of course we take Erynn with us now, but other than that, we don't go out during the week. I decided that I would take the girls out to eat before class, so they chose McDonald's (of course). Then they went to class and Lucas and I had dinner, just the three of us. Luckily, Erynn slept until we left the restaurant.

As a side note, my Avery has a friend in her dance class, my friend Heidi's daughter Caty. Well, Caty brought a picture of her new room, it is princess themed with pink walls and everything. Well, after dance, Avery comes up to me and states that she wants a princess room like Caty. I tried to make her happy with her new room and reminded her that she would be getting a new big girl bed soon. She said that we need to get rid of all the purple in her room, because now she wants it pink. I tried not to laugh, because it took us 2 years to pick that purple and three days to get her room painted. Oh well, she will just have to deal for now.

On the way home from picking up the girls, Erynn got pretty cranky because it was time to eat. This did not help when her bath came, because she was already grumpy. I have the best time bathing her. She cries throughout most of it, but then after, she gets so cuddly and she smells so good. I think I am going to start bathing her nightly. I cuddled with her on the couch and then laid her down when I saw she was starting to fall asleep. She went to bed without a peep. It was great!

1 comment:

Bell Family said...

What a great day! That is wonderful that you and Lucas still have a date night even with Erynn along for the fun.

How precious that Avery is such an adamant singer! I hope she learns to love her room, I know you worked really hard to make it great for them!

That is precious that Erynn is a cuddle bug after her baths. OH I miss that stage so much already. It is crazy that I have a 13 month old and already I am getting the fever for another newborn. I just love how wonderful it feels to snuggle up to a brand new, tiny little baby in a coccoon of a blankie and hearing them grunt and squirm...OH I hope you are so thankful right now! I'm jealous! LOL!

Squeeze those babies for me!