Friday, February 13, 2009

Funny, Sweet, and Silly Things My Kids Have Said

Last night I was making mini-heart shaped cakes for Andie's Valentine's Party today. Avery didn't want to finish her dinner, so Lucas told her she couldn't have any dessert. Well, I had just finished mixing the batter for the cakes when Avery came up and asked if she could have a lick. I told her that she couldn't because she didn't finish her dinner. I see her peeking over the edge of the counter eyeing the bowl with the mix. She then looks up at me and says, "Please can I have a lick, I'm dying for it!" I couldn't help but laugh.

So, then I went to go tell Lucas how dramatic Avery was being. He was saying the same as me, sorry, but no dinner, no dessert. Lucas added to this, "and that's the end of it." Well, then Avery looks right at Lucas and says, "Oh no it's not the end of it, and then it rained gumdrops." Lucas was so taken aback. He thought for sure that she was going to try and be naughty, but instead she was trying to make us all laugh. Well, it worked.

This morning when Andie woke up, the first thing that she asked about were her cakes. Well I told her to go to the kitchen and see for herself. She walked up to the counter and said. "Mom they are beautiful." This made staying up til 11:30pm last night was totally worth it.

One more silly thing from Avery. In the morning, Avery makes a big deal about saying good-bye to everyone. She gets very upset if she doesn't get a good-bye hug and kiss. Well, Andie was on her way out the door when Avery ran over for another hug and kiss. Andie tried brushing her off, but I told her to be nice and loving to her little sister. Andie grudgingly bent over and gave her her hug and kiss, then went out the door closing it harder than necessary. Well Avery just thought that this was so rude. She opened the door and yelled out to Andie, "If you slam that door one more time, mommy is going to spank you." I found this very funny, because I had said no such thing, but obviously Avery thought that sissy might have needed a spanking this morning.

2 comments:

Windsor World said...

That is to cute!! I espically like the one about the spanking..totally sounds like Kolbee (no wonder thier friends, and so much alike!) CONGRATS on the baby!! I can't wait to see her, the girls say she's BEAUTIFUL and has lots of black hair!! (I'm assuming they have seen her :) Sounds like the labor went well, thanksgoodness! Well I hope things are going well and the adjusting to the baby is going smoothly for you all! I'll see you soon!

Mrs Salas said...

It is true that kids say the darnest things...and usually at the wrong time too!!!

And a Happy Birthday to little Andie tomarrow!!!