Monday, January 12, 2009

She's almost here!

I am looking to the future now. The past two weeks have been very hard for my family, but I am trying to stay optimistic and look forward to all the good that I have coming in the next few weeks.

We have less than 30 days before our little angel arrives. We are getting so excited and trying to have everything ready for her, in case she decides to arrive a little earlier. I had an ultrasound last Tuesday and they said that she was just under 6 pounds then. Well, they say babies gain about 1/2 pound every week in the last month, so if you do the math she should gain about another 2 pounds before she arrives. An 8 pound baby. I know that I can handle that. Andie was 9# 5oz and Avery was 7# 5oz, so I joke that this one will be 8# 5oz. Wouldn't that be crazy!?!

So, Lucas and I have not decided 100% yet, but we are leaning toward Erynn Kinley Johnson for this little girlie. I have liked Erynn for quite sometime now, but couldn't figure out a middle name. I had suggested Henley to Lucas and he was like "NO WAY", but he suggested Kinley. We had thought about Kinley for a first name at one time, but I like it for a middle now.

We have also been working on the girls bedroom. It is now the prettiest purple and we have these amazing paintings that Lucas' grandmother helped work on and were given for the girls as a gift from my sister-in-law Lisa. I can't wait until it is all done.

Well, that is all for now. Just trying to get through the next few weeks. Wish us luck!!!!

2 comments:

Windsor World said...

yea! It looks like you guys have offically decieded on a name (what happened to another name that starts with an A, LOL!) I think it's super cute (We almost named Kenzee Kinley!! haha)We wish you all the luck in the next coming weeks, hopefully it will go smooth for you, lucas and the girls!! If you need anything just let me know!

Bell Family said...

How exciting!!! I love the name!!! It is so adorable. Shaelana was an 8 pound baby, it wasn't bad at all. I was sooo surprised at her weight, all of my nephews and nieces were teeny little 6 pounders. Shaelana was a whopping 8 pounder, and she still loves to eat! LOL!

I hope that the final days of your pregnancy are blissful. I know by this point I was begging for her to just come out. Anticipation got the best of me. Just enjoy it as much as possible and get ready for that little blessing straight from heaven!