Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Baby Update

Well as of today I am 37wks. That means that technically I have 21 days to go until my due date, but she could seriously come at any moment. I went to my Dr. today and she measured me saying that I was measuring 38wks. No big deal, I have been doing this my whole pregnancy. Andie was a large baby and I have a feeling that this one will be the same. So, in light of a baby arriving at anytime, I went and got my "pre-delivery pedicure" today. This is a must for every woman about to deliver. (This pic is not of my actual toes, but you get the idea.)

So I expressed my desire to my OB Dr. that I don't mind baking this kid all the way, but that if at all possible I would love to deliver on the 7th (a Sat) rather than the 10th (a Tues). Everyone that is suppose to be present works during the week making it difficult to plan a delivery. I have had the unfortunateness (is that even a word) to have had to be induced with both of my daughters. I'm figuring this will be about the same as well. It looks like if my body is "favorable" at that time, then we will induce the Sat before my due date. If not, then I'll hang in there until 41wks and induce for post dates on the 17th. I am going to try as hard as I can to not deliver around the 14th, that is Andie's 8th birthday. Being a L&D nurse, I know that trying to plan your baby's birth is near to impossible, but I am keeping all my fingers and toes crossed all the same.

Having this be my third child and daughter, I think that we are pretty much ready to go in the clothing, stroller, and car seat department. This is the bedding that we picked for our newest little one. I was so sick of pink. Both Andie and Avery were saturated in pink. I decided this time around to go with super-girlie-in-a-non-pink-way. How did I do? Well, I'm sure that this is not the last time you will hear from me before our little bundle of joy makes her entrance into this crazy world. So until next time.

4 comments:

Mrs Salas said...

Wow Erica how lucky to be having another girl!!!

Take care fo yourself....

P.S. Love the bedding

Annie Taylor said...

Your blog looks great. Good luck with the baby I hope everything goes as planned.

Todd & Alisa Wren said...

Hey, I finally made my own blog! I need help though! How do I add people to my blog list like you and Angela? HELP! I am so used to Msppace. Must...get...help!

lofgreenlegacy said...

First of all I totally agree with you that you have to have a pedicure right before you have a baby. And second of all, I love love love the crib set. Where did you get it at? I love that it's not PINK or PURPLE like most baby bedding. Good Luck!