Thursday, September 22, 2011

Stress

Well to say that I have been stressed lately is an understatement. I know that I am stressed, I feel that I am stressed, and my family is always telling me I am stressed. Well now it seems so is my jaw. Yesterday I finally got into see the ENT where he diagnosed me with TMJ. I have always heard of this, but never would have guessed this was what was causing all my "ear" pain. Most people with TMJ hear a clicking or popping sound when they open their mouth, or they get something called "locked jaw" where it makes it difficult to open their mouths wide, well I don't have either of these problems. I have the pain, pain that is never ending, both dull and aching that seems to get worse as my day goes on. Working nights, that can feel never ending. So here I am, don't feel like I am much closer to solving my issues, but have decided I need to spend a little more time on me, so I am walking again with my good bud Amber! It was so nice to have not only the exercise, but that girl time, can't wait!

Hoping my lifestyle changes will ultimately help with my physical ales. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Hello there! Been a long time. :) Sucks about the TMJ, I'm sorry! I am glad to see your blog though, another person to stalk. ;)

The Richards said...

Erica I am so glad we are walking together haha too bad we don't live closer we.actually could! .I hope life gets.less stressful soon

gmajulie said...

How painful is tmj? Ooo hope u can deal not fun! :(