Sunday, September 18, 2011

Silly Little Erynn

I was just sitting here thinking that my baby will be 3 in a couple of months! This is so scary to me, where did the time go? Erynn has grown so much over the past year, she is so much fun, a challenge, and the sweetest little thing!! She is so funny and is always trying to make us laugh. She loves her sisters so much, always calls Andie "my Andie" and she loves to say her name "Erynn Johnson".

Just this morning, Lucas and I are lying in bed, we hear a knock, knock, knock on our door. I asked, who is it...this sweet little voice says "Erynn Johnson". Precious.

We have had some crazy rain here in AZ lately. With all the rain has come not only a TON of weeds, but lots and lots of frogs! My girls love frogs. Lucas has made it a tradition to go "frog hunting" in the summertime. So after a good rain, he'll pack up the girls, grab a large cooler and go around Quail Ridge to find all the frogs they possibly can. What do they do with all these frogs, well they let them go in a canal near our house, this way, they don't get ran over on the roads. Well, Erynn doesn't like to call frogs "frogs". No she calls them "Birdits". Why...because they ribbit. It is so cute to hear her calling out for birdits all the time. Well, lately there has been a "birdit" that like to frequent outside our house. He is there almost every evening before the girls go to bed. Erynn likes to go out and find him, pet him and play with his belly and feet. She makes sure to hold him over the ground so he can "pee" first, then she hugs on him for a few minutes. She has kissed him a few times, hope this means someday she will find her prince charming! ;) Lucas is convinced that this frog loves Erynn, he didn't even pee on her tonight!

This is the kind of little girl Erynn is. To see her sweet little face and know that she doesn't know of any bad in the world. She accepts almost everyone. She is always the first person to thank us for her dinner every night and she prays that her and her sister "sweep" good every night. We have had our rough times with her, she has been sick a lot and we still don't know what her future will be like, but I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. I pray that she will continue to stay healthy and outgrow her reflux, I know that she is one tough cookie. We all love Erynn so much and couldn't imagine our world without her!



Thank you Heavenly Father for teaching me what it is like to stuggle for my children, to grow from my children, and teach me that I would do anything for my daughters!

No comments: