Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 Ten Years Later

I remember that morning...Andie was almost 7-months-old. I was sitting in my little apartment in Thatcher feeding her, rocking her in my living room, watching the news. At that time they were showing the footage of the 1st Trade Center attack. I remember thinking how crazy it was that this was happening and what a terrible accident...then the 2nd tower was hit and my disbelief turned to fear. How could this be happening? Those poor families. What was going on? I went in and woke up Lucas and explained that the towers of the WTC had been hit by planes. They were live at this time, just reporting as news came in about the attack on the Pentagon and the 4th plane that went down in Pennsylvania. There was talk on the radio about possible attacks on air force bases around the US including Luke Air Force Base in Phoenix. We watched as the towers collapsed to the ground and our hope that the survivors had made it to safety diminished.

The last 10 years have been a long and tough journey for the US. I don't have family in NY, I don't currently have family in the military, I have never lost a family member to such a tragedy, but I pray for those that do and have. I love my country and pray for all US Citizens today. I am proud to be an American and I am proud to be raising my daughters in this country. I will hold my children a little closer to me and remind them to be grateful for all they have. I am so grateful for all of our troops that have served and those that have lost their lives for my country. I am grateful for all the service men and women that did all they could to help those injured on this day 10 years ago. I pray for all the families that have been affected by the tragedy of 9/11 and to all that do what they can to help us remember what being an American means.

*GOD BLESS THE USA*

No comments: