Thursday, September 17, 2009

VCUG Results

So I posted last that we were heading to Tucson for another check on Erynn's kidneys. Well her Renal Ultrasound came back showing that her kidneys were looking good and free from any infections or inflammation.

As for the VCUG, well I knew it was going to get bad the older she got. She was definitely more wiggly and cried for the last portion of the exam. Results were good though. It looks like things are as they were last time, Grade 2 on the right and Grade 3 on the left, but the radiologist said it looked like things were a little better. We are heading in the right direction. Another 6 months and we follow up with Dr. Killion. I already have my appointment with her Pediatric Nephrologist in March.

My little sister had her counseling session. It turns out that her baby will have to follow up with Erynn's Pediatric Nephrologist as well. The counselor suggested that we just schedule our appointments together. What a small coincidence. All my girls have been healthy, except for Erynn's kidney issue and here my sister is going to have a baby with kidney issues as well. I guess this is a way for us to relate to each others trials and a way for us to grow closer, even though we are very close already.

Well, that is all the time I have right now. I need to get on the ball with my blogging.

1 comment:

Todd & Alisa Wren said...

Well, I can't say that I am happy that either one of our kids has kidney issues, but I am glad that you can relate and vice-versa. I am so glad to hear that she has not gotten worse. Thank God. Love you.