Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Current Ponderings

Over the last few weeks, things around here have been kind of hectic and busy. We are still trying to get into a routine with school back in session and all.

I am so grateful to be home with my baby as much as I am. I swear, I spend most days cuddling with her, watching her crawl, babble, and smile. We have been so lucky to have found out about Erynn's kidney issues so young and have been able to treat her as needed to prevent any future illnesses. She is full of like, I couldn't imagine my life without her. I am so grateful that her condition is something she could eventually outgrow and that it is not something more serious. This made me think about the time that I spend with my other girls.

Andie is getting older and wanting to do the girlfriend thing. I am so grateful that she has so many friends and one that lives so close to us. She always has something she is wanting to do, (which at times can be a bad thing). We are starting to head into that TWEEN stage with her and I feel like I am missing out on things. Even though this transitional phase is getting tougher, I am so grateful for such a smart daughter. I would rather have a daughter that can argue her point rather than succeed to everything. She is hard headed and I pray that it benefits her in the future.

Then there is my Avery. She has always been our "problem child" but only in the fact that she is more stubborn than the other two put together. Avery has a wild spirit and can drive me crazy at times, but I am so glad that I have one more year home with her. It is never a boring day with her around. Just today, we drove to Pima and got a slush at Taylor Freeze. As we were passing through Central and by the New Temple. Avery looks up and says "Wow, look at the temple, it's wonderful!" I agreed with her and then she shared with me, "We are going to go there."

If you don't know, Lucas and I have never been. Just when we think we are on the right track, life happens. It has been a tough road, but I know that I love Lucas with all my heart and I want to spend Eternity with no other. Hearing my 4-year-old share this with me made me ponder all that is at stake and make me grateful for the Temple, what it represents and for a church that teaches good values to families. This past August was 9 years of marriage for Lucas and I. I know in my heart that we will be sealed to our family, one of these days. I know that as a family we can get through and accomplish anything.

I love my family so much and pray daily that I can be the mother and wife that they deserve. I hope that anyone that reads this, remembers to be grateful for the good and the bad.

Sorry, just my thoughts at this moment.

2 comments:

The Richards said...

You are a wonderful wife and mother and i appreciate the realness of your posts! You are a great person and i too know that someday you will get to go through the temple with your sweetheart, and it will be perfect! good luck with everything!

Amber H. said...

I think it's great that you have the goal to go to the temple someday with your family. I hope it will be realized for you soon! We were able to go a few years ago to see my brother and sister in law seal their new adopted baby to them. I don't think there could be a more spiritual experience than to see an entire family kneel around the alter to be sealed for all eternity. It gets me teary eyed just to think about it. I hope you can make it there too someday. Ü