Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Night Shift

I am just about to get off a stretch of three night shifts. That is 6PM to 6AM. It is hard! You would think that by now I would be used to it, but here I am, 5:04AM and so tired.

My only gripe is that I work days and nights. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy working both shifts. I have great co-workers and it is nice to change things every now and then. Take this week for instance, I worked Monday night, (which means I will sleep until about noon), I'm off Tuesday, off Wednesday and then work Thursday day shift. I really have a day and a half off.

I know I should complain. I am very grateful to have a job that I truly enjoy. Just this weekend I was able to be the nurse for a family member. It was nice to be a part of their special day. You know this is a small town and we run into a lot of people everyday. I can't tell you how many friends I have seen just after they delivered or just before.

Anywho, these are my thoughts early in the morning, with very little sleep. I can hear my bed calling to me!

2 comments:

The Richards said...

Ok so i was totally planning on you being my nurse this time, hint hint! I am sorry the hours are so bad but i guess babys come when they want to , i keep thinking saturday around noon would be just fine! As far as what i need for baby, im lost, but i never turn away cute head accessories! your a sweet heart and i am glad we have these silly blogs to keep up with one another!

Jason and Amanda said...

So--I totally relate...at least to the lack of sleep, the wanting to just close your eyes and not open them between 4 and 6 am, and the whole night shift life style. But sorry--I would absolutely hate switching back and forth days and nights! I may complain, but I've opted for pms a million times...and think I will forever!