Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Something so Beautiful!

They just "topped" the Gila Valley Temple. It has been so great to watch the temple rise from the ground up. I feel so lucky to have a temple so close. It is truly a wondrous site and it's purpose is so great!! My girls love to pass by the temple, their little eyes get so big!

I didn't realize how beautiful Mt. Graham was until I moved away. Now I feel lucky to see this everyday!

The beautiful Arizona Sun!


While I am taking a moment to reflect on what I am grateful for here is a small list:
1. I am grateful for temples and what they represent. I think it is so important to have some thing that makes you want to be a better person. Besides my family, the temple makes me want to be a better person.

To think that we all have the opportunity to be a family for Eternity is amazing.

2. I am grateful for my visiting teachers. I have know Sis. Henson forever. She has always been someone that I have looked up too. She and her husband and their wonderful girls have been friends of my family for a very long time and I feel so lucky to have had her grow closer to my family these last couple of years. Then there is Sis. Romney. She is such a grate example and a caring person. (Oh and she makes the best Chicken Enchiladas.) I feel so much better after a visit from them. They share their stories and listen to mine. I never feel judged when they are around and I can only hope to touch someone else's life as they have touched mine.

3. I am grateful for the Priesthood. The gift that the Priesthood offers is so wonderful and helpful. I love my Home Teachers. They are two very great men and have been there for my family in times of need. When Erynn was in the hospital they came and gave her a blessing.

4. I am grateful for the Holy Spirit. I know that I am not alone and when I feel like things couldn't get any worse, my Spirit is there to help pull me out of my slump and remind all the good that I have in my life. I can't tell you how many times the Holy Spirit has been there to aid me in my job and has given me the knowledge to care for others. I am grateful that my oldest now carries the Holy Spirit with her and I know that when I'm diligent in my church attendance and scripture reading, my Spirit grows stronger.

I know that I am far from perfect and that I have so much to work on. But I feel lucky to have so many great examples in my life. People that show me what I would like to one day achieve. I can only hope that I turn into to someone that my daughters can look up to. I hope that my testimony can be helpful to them when they are feeling frustrated, doubtful, or lost.

No comments: