Thursday, August 27, 2009

Yesterday

So yesterday was a huge day for us. In the morning, I am awaken to my 6 1/2 month old mumbling what sounds like "Momomom". I get her out of her crib and sure enough, her little mouth is opening and closing, but nothing coming out. And then, "Mom"! I was so excited. Well, I yelled for Lucas to come in, there we all were, girls and daddy, she says "Mom mom". It went on all day. In fact, I just heard her say it right now (she is supposed to be sleeping), be right back.

Then, I get a phone call from my sister, she found out what she was having and it's a. . . . . . . . . BOY!!!! We are all so excited for her. You don't understand, girls out number boys in this family like 3:1. I have 5 Aunts and 2 Uncles. Most of my cousins are girls and they have girls as well. Not to bring up the fact that I have 2 sisters, no brothers, and 3 daughters and no sons. Having a baby boy around will so much fun, even if it is Todd's (just kidding). They have a few names picked, one that is a favorite (I'm not a huge fan of, but won't say anything from this point forward, because they are like children and will name the kid that just to spite me and everyone else). So, CONGRATULATIONS ALISA AND TODD!!!!!

Last and probably most exciting for me, my Erynn started to crawl. She has been on hands and knees for months now and trying to crawl for weeks. I spend a lot of time on the ground trying to get her to crawl to me and moving her arms and legs in the right direction. So, Todd comes over (my brother-in-law) and leaves his sunglasses on the ground. Before I know it, there she goes. I couldn't believe it. I grabbed my camera and of course she wouldn't do it. I waited and waited and then got lucky.

So here it is, Erynn Kinley Johnson, 6 1/2 months old, crawling on Aug 26, 2009.

4 comments:

Todd & Alisa Wren said...

It was a big day. Your baby is so cute! And don't worry, you will get used to my little Wolfie, :-) Love ya!

Nicole Johnson said...

Yay! Congrats Alisa!!

Jason and Amanda said...

Too cute! Eryyn is a doll! And I'm gonna have to get on top of things so I can win your cute bows!

Windsor World said...

Wow what a day full of fun! Congrats to Alisa..Boys are so much fun! I'm sure your life is about to get that much more interesting with little Erynn crawling all over!! Have fun :)