Monday, August 24, 2009

Late Entry: 1st Day of School

So this is coming a little late, but better late than never. I have just been so busy lately. My

Lucas and the girls on the first day of school. Don't you just love Lucas' hideous Hawaiian shirt. The whole THS staff wore them on the first day of school.

My sweet girls, I can't believe how big they are getting.


Andie is starting 3rd Grade, I can't even believe it. She was so excited for school to start, missing her friends a bunch. We have been grateful for the wonderful friends that Andie had made last year. She kept in touch with many of them over the summer. Savannah had her over a few times and she played with Alyssa (Savannah's cousin a bunch as well). Brynlee and Kaitlyn had her over for birthday parties and Kylie and Andie had a chance to form a friendship that we hope will grow throughout the school year. This year Andie has Brynlee and Kaitlyn in her class again with Mrs. Scoggins being her teacher. Some old friends are in her class as well, Kayden and Michael Marie. This was the first year that Andie was kind of not wanting me to drop her off at school. I explained, too bad. I will be dropping her off at school until she graduates from H.S. Won't that be so funny her Senior year and I am dropping her off at the H.S. Hey, I carried her in my belly for nearly 10 months, I think that it is my maternal right to see her off to school on the first day.


Avery is starting Pre-school at Shiningstars Pre-School, run my Aubrey Larson and Emily Curtis. We had a meet and greet night. There are so many old friend kids in her class. It is fun to see how we have all aged and how our families have grown. It will be fun over the next couple of years to see our kids grow up together and the friendships that they will make.


Avery and Miss Aubrey


Avery posing at Granny's (this is a 1st day of school tradition that dates back to when Lucas was a little boy.)

My big girl Andie at Granny's. I just found her Kindergarten photo. I was going to post that one as well, but decided to hold off until next year when Avery starts Kindergarten. It will fun to compare the two of them.

Just for fun, (sorry so blurry), Andie found her Witches hat from Halloween a few years back and put it on Erynn. Doesn't just look so CUTE!!


3 comments:

Windsor World said...

love the posing by the hog! to cute..I barley got done posting about the first days of school! like you said better late then never!!

Amber H. said...

Ha ha! I love how you say this one is old, cause I'm like a month behind. I'm still posting about our summer activities, and it will probably be another month before I get the first day of school pictures up, so you are better than me! I love the tradition to take pictures in front of Granny's house. That is so fun. And my mom took me to school every year on the first day and I loved it...maybe she'll learn to love it too!

Billy and Amanda Cole said...

Your girls all so cute. I love that they are posing next to Jeff's bike. It took me a minute to realize that it was his.