Wednesday, August 12, 2009

9 Years/1st Day of School

So I have a bunch to blog about, but I am working a three day stretch of nights, so not really much time.

So Andie had her first day of 3rd grade today and Avery her first day of Pre-school. Both girls were really excited and I feel really lucky that I never had to do the whole cry-themselves-silly-because-they-didn't-want-me-to-leave thing. I am having a hard time believing that that my Andie is as old and as big as she is. She really didn't want me to walk her to her class today, but I was like, too bad. I am a mommy and that is one of my rights, right? Avery was running off when I had to call her back and take a pic with her teacher. To think that next year she will be riding the bus, that is so scary.

Today is also my Wedding Anniversary. Lucas and I have been married for 9 years. I know that this is going to sound so cheesy and some of you may be like "whatever." We are so happy. Yes we have had our ups and downs, but at this point in my life, we are closer than ever. We have been so blessed in our lives and are so grateful for our wonderful family. I am so lucky to have found Lucas when I did. I love him so much and he is so good to me and the girls.

I love you Lucas and can't wait for the next 9 years.

2 comments:

Amber H. said...

First, Happy Anniversary! How many years have you guys actually been together now? Haven't you been dating since like 7th grade or something? Anyway, I just wanted to say again how cute it was when I saw Andie today and she came up and hugged me. I'm so glad our girls are in the same class! I am with you though, how did they get in THIRD grade already? I think I might die next year when they aren't in primary school anymore! Yikes! Hope you did something fun with your sweetie Ü

The Richards said...

Happy Happy! It doesn't seem cheesy to me t all, in fact i think it is awesome you tow have been together for so long, and you work so great together! I can not beleive you have a third grader! It floors me, please don't age us haha! I love ya girl, hey maybe you will be around for my next baby? what do you think?