Friday, November 28, 2008

What I'm Thankful for!

I know that this is a day late, but I needed to extra day to compile my thoughts. First of all, I am Thankful for my family. I have a wonderful loving husband and great little girls. I also have wonderful sisters. I am Thankful to have two parents that love and care for my family as much as I do and for my Grandma and Grandpa Tellez that are still here with us. Unfortunately, my grandfather had to spend Thanksgiving in the nursing home rehabilitating from his fall, but I am so Thankful that he is still with us.

I am Thankful for my wonderful job and the great ladies that I work with day to day. They are like a second family to me. I am Thankful that Lucas has a job that he enjoys and that we are able to have a lovely house to keep my family safe and food on the table.

I am Thankful that my older sister Angela is coming in from Hawaii on Saturday, we have not seen her since Aug.

I am Thankful for books. I love to read and so does my husband. I got the reading from my Grandpa T and am grateful that my daughters love to read and hear stories.

I am Thankful to live in a country where we are all equal, we have equal rights and freedoms. I am grateful that my family is all in the same country, minus Angela thousands of miles away. I am grateful for the armed services, for the hardwork they do to keep us safe here at home and I pray for my brother-in-law Garret. I pray that he remains safe once he is deployed early next year.

I am most Thankful for My Savior Jesus Christ and my Heavely Father. I am grateful for their love toward me and my family. I have comfort in knowing that when I go to heaven, I will be surrounded by those who have passed before me. I am so grateful for prayer and the holy spirit. I love this time of year and love the growth of my spirit as I read about Christ's birth and share in the joy that is Christmas time.

My Thanksgiving was spent among my families, the Provencios and the Johnsons. I am so glad that all of Luke's siblings had a chance to come in for Turkey Day and pray they all make it home safely. I have shared many holidays with both Luke's family and my own. We often get both families together and I am grateful that they get along so well. We are so blessed to be surrounded by so many loved ones on such a special day. My best Holiday Wishes go out to all of my friends and family this Christmas!

4 comments:

The Richards said...

WOw that was really awesome...i hope your thanksgiving went wonderfully!

lofgreenlegacy said...

I love this post! We all have so much to be grateful for. Thank you so much for the comment on my blog. It means so much that we have so many good friends that are keeping us in thier thoughts and prayers. I don't know what I would do without the power of prayer!

Windsor World said...

I love this time of the year, it really makes us just stop and remember all the things we are grateful for in our lives..and I'm grateful to have such wonderful neighbors like you!

Bell Family said...

I love your new page Erica! Wonderful post about all of the things in your life to be thankful for.