Saturday, November 15, 2008

Time on Earth

I found out this morning that my cousin Dennis Yeager was killed in a car accident. He is the oldest cousin on my dad's side, the son of my wonderful Aunt Jenny. Dennis leaves behind a wife, two step-children, and three precious little boys. Since I don't have any brothers, Dennis was like the big brother that I never had. I will always remember him as being strong. Strong in mind and heart. I will remember the time that we went to visit his family in Show Low and playing in the creek out in Verden. I remember that he could eat a whole package of hot dogs in one sitting. I can think back and smile at all the times he and my dad would pick on eachother and wrestle around. My thoughts and prayers are with his family wife- Joelle, step-kids- Justin and Shelby, sons- Tyler, Jacob, and Colton, also with my Aunt Jenny and Uncle David, and my cousins, Danielle, Diane, and Donovan.

In this time of great loss, I am thinking about life. In this troubled time of our economy and political change, I am hopeful. Hopeful that we are able to grow, learn, and rise in these hard times. It makes me so grateful that I believe in a Heavenly Father that can comfort and heal broken hearts. I think that there are many people today going through times of uncertainty. I am so grateful to know that beyond this world, there is a heaven, where we will be together again. I know that Dennis was welcomed into warm embraces by my Grandma and Grandpa Provencio and my Aunt Mary.

I want to take a moment to state all that I am blessed to have. I am blessed to have a wonderful, loving, and caring husband. A husband that provides and comforts us all as a family. A husband that cooks and cleans with me, as well as wakes in the night to care for scared or sick children. He is my bestfriend, my soulmate. I know that we were put on this earth to find one another. I am so grateful for two healthy, loving daughters and a third on the way. They are the light of my life. I love to cuddle with them, read bedtime stories, and watch them explore and learn in this crazy world. I am blessed to have a beautiful home, food on the table, and plenty of love to go around. I am blessed with a job that reminds me of the wonders and powers that our Heavenly Father has. Nothing is more magical than watching new life be born into the world. I am also blessed to have two wonderful sisters, two sisters that I know I can call and count on when needed. We may fight from time to time, but every second we are together, we are stronger. Alisa is so creative and strong willed. She can get through anything and I know that she is destined for greatness. Angela is so compassionate. When I need a pick me up she is there for me. She has been through so much in her short lifetime, I know that she can overcome any obstacle. Last, I am so blessed to have wonderful parents. A mother that has taught me to use my head, to never give up on my goals and dreams. She makes me want to be all that I can be. A father that has shown by example what it means to truly give. He is the most giving and caring man I know. He would give the shirt of his back in a time of need. I know that besdies Lucas and I, my father loves my girls the most.

Sorry for rambling, one last thank you. Thank you Heavenly Father for the opportunity to live this life and to learn from my mistakes and trials. I am grateful for your love and know that I will one day be in your presence again, along with my Savior Jesus Christ. Our time on this Earth is so uncertain. I plan to make the most of it while I am still here. I am so grateful for prayer and I will be praying for my family at this time.

2 comments:

lofgreenlegacy said...

Erica, that was absolutely beautiful! It's so hard to lose someone so close and I too am so grateful that I can turn to my Heavenly Father for peace and comfort. Thank you for sharing.

Annie Taylor said...

Erica, I really enjoyed your post. Sorry to hear of your loss.