Sunday, November 23, 2008

End of a Crazy Week

So, we got back into town last night after my cousin's funeral. It was a beautiful funeral. We were all so touched by how many people paid their respects and attended services.

On top of dealing with a death in the family, the night we left for Show Low, Thursday night, my 91-year-old grandfather and 89-year-old grandmother fell. Yes, both of them fell. My grandma was trying to help my grandfather up and they both fell down. My grandfather then crawled across the room to get to the phone to call for help. I was not prepared for his appearance when I went to the hospital to see him that night. He looked like he had been beaten up or hit by a car. He was all cut up on his face and his left eye was black and blue. My grandmother was not hurt badly, but my grandpa is still in the hospital. It sounds like he will have to go to the Nursing Home for Rehabilitation.

Last, I took Avery to the Dr. on Thursday afternoon because of a cough that she has had for the past 1 1/2 weeks. It turns out she has an Upper Respiratory Infection and so they had me start her on breathing treatments. She looks so sad when she has to do them. They take about 15min. It is so hard for her to stay patient for that long, but it seems they are working.

On a positive note, the THS Spiritline that I help out with from time to time went to Cheer Competition. They placed 1st in the Show Cheer and 2nd in Stunt Group. The Pom routine that my sister Alisa and I choreographed for them got 1st place! I ran into one of the cheers last night while coming into town and we were able to watch the performance. It was great! They did such a good job! So, this means that come January, they qualify to compete again for a State title.

I am so glad that this week is over and we are starting into Thanksgiving week. I have so much family coming into town and some fun things planned. I am also just looking forward to spending some quality time with Luke and the girls. After this week, I will be 30 weeks pregnant and only 10 more to go before this newest member of our family makes her appearance. All in all, I have so much to be thankful this year and I plan to focus on that this week.

3 comments:

Mrs Salas said...

O my word Erica, I am so sorry for everything that hit your family this past week!

Sounds like you need a major rest!!!

lofgreenlegacy said...

I'm am so sorry for the past week. And I hope that your Thanksgiving week is much much better.

The Richards said...

Hey i am so glad you found me! Congrats on three girls! I am sorry your week was so bad, good thing we get to start over again! I am glad we get to keep in touch now!