Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The People I Missed the Most...

Well I recently went on a girls weekend to Las Vegas...there was so much to see and do in such a short amount of time. Although I did have fun...I really missed my family. I was so happy to get back to my not so normal or quiet life...it has been hard for me to get back into the swing of things, and I haven't even had my first shift back to work yet!

So upon my arrival, I found that the house was completely cleaned, Lucas said that he and the girls worked on it that weekend on top of having a baby with an ear infection, getting a flat, and working two jobs. What can I say, he is amazing!

I missed my Erynn, having my buddy with me everyday, her smile and the way she always wants to be by my side. She is getting so big and I swear she grew while I was away. I missed how my Avery always rubs on my ears when she hugs me and how she loves to come and show me her "cheer moves" that she practices non-stop. She has the best toe touch and bannana split! I was happy to have had a few calls from my Andie while I was gone, but I think this made me miss her more hearing her voice and knowing that she needed me and I wasn't here for her. She is growing so fast and it is so nice to know that she still needs her mommy from time to time.

Lastly, I missed my husband, my bestfriend. One thing I learned this past weekend, I am not a partier, I am not 20 anymore, and I love being with my husband. I missed having my "wingman". It was so nice to come home and have him with me again, to hold him, and feel him lying there next to me while I slept. I didn't sleep so good in Vegas. Also, I just know that I would have had a better time sharing this time with Lucas and the girls. So in short, I don't think I'll be doing a girls weekend anytime soon, but I am planning a family getaway with my sweet girls and loving husband. My family is my everything, I only hope I can show them this everyday!

1 comment:

The Johnson Family said...

This is so sweet. I loved reading this... you and your family are so cute! I love and miss you guys! cant wait to see you for Christmas!