Friday, August 12, 2011

11 Years

So today is my 11 Year Anniversary!! 11 years of Marriage that is! Lucas and I were married 11 years ago on August 12, 2000 after a 5 year courtship. Many already know this story, but I thought it would fun to reminisce about past memories and share some old pics to show just how much I love this man and am so grateful to have found him when I did! Enjoy!


16 years ago, January 1995, I met Lucas Robert Johnson during my 7th grade PE class. He happened to have PE the same time as me, but at that time he was a Freshman in HS, so the odds of us running into eachother at this time in our lives was not likely. We had just started the semester and we were required to learn Country Dancing. Being a 7th grader and having to dance with Freshman boys, you can imagine I was pretty nervous, embarrassed, and excited! First day of Country Dancing was "Boys Pick". I did not know any Freshman boys at this time and was worried about not getting asked to dance. Low and behold, an adorable blue eyed boy asked if I would be his partner, I said yes.

After a few more weeks of dancing, this same blue eyed boy asked me to be his girlfriend only after tricking me into disclosing to his bestfriend Andy Wright that I liked him and would say yes if he asked me out...little did I know that would lead to 16 years with my bestfriend and 11 years married to a wonderful husband and father. I am so grateful to Lucas for being there for me, for my beautiful daughters, for helping me keep this family together. I look forward to the next 16 years!


Lucas, me and Alisa on my 15th birthday, yes Lucas has make-up on, he just performed in a play, haha!


Lucas and I before Prom my Freshman year, Lucas still to this day loves this dress, I still have it hanging in my closet.
Before Girls Dance Sophmore Year (I think, it is hard to keep track)
Me and Lucas being silly.
Group Pic Lucas' Senior Prom, Andy is right next to him, Thanks again Andy!
Before my Junior Prom
At Lucas' HS Graduation '98
At my Graduation '00
Engagement '00, Lucas asked me to marry him the Summer before I started my Senior year. As you can imagine, my parents weren't thrilled, but we knew what we wanted and waited until after graduation to have the wedding!
Our Wedding Day August 12, 2000! We had a blast!!
Lucas with Andie February 14, 2001!! Andie, named after Lucas' best friend, he has been there trough the good and the bad, so glad that Lucas has a friend like him!
Lucas and Andie
At Lucas' Graduation from NAU '05, preggers with Avery, we loved our time in Flag!! It brought us closer together as a family!

Lucas and his girlies, Andie and Avery born May 27, 2005

Johnson Family in our apartment in Flagstaff, AZ '05

Visiting in Safford for 4th of July right after Avery was born

Andie and Avery my sweet girlies '06

Andie, Lucas, and Avery just before we added another girlie to the mix '09

Lucas and Erynn, born February 8, 2009

Lucas and his girlies '09

Johnson girls Christmas '10

2 comments:

Heather abroad said...

What a beautiful story! I vaguely remember Lucas as we were in the same class (school year) before I moved. I never knew your guys' story. So sweet and what a beautiful family you have! Happy Anniversary!

Heather

Angela said...

Holy walk down memory lane! Those pictures really remind me of how long Luke has been a part of our family. Happy anniversary! I love you guys!