Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fall 2011

I can't believe 2011 is already more than half-way over!! My girlies have all grown so much, we have been so busy with life, and I have really let myself get distracted from what is important...celebrating the joy that my family brings me.


Andie's 1st day of 5th Grade

Andie is now 10-years-old and just started 5th grade. We are so happy that she has Ms. Allred as her teacher this year. Andie is such a smart girl, we have so many hopes for her as she enters into her tween years, it is both scary and exciting. She is such a caring and loving girl, but I can see the occasional sullen teenager just waiting to escape hiding under the surface. Andie has gotten so tall over the summer, she will be taller than me before I know it.

Avery's 1st Day of 1st Grade



Avery turned 6 at the beginning of summer. She was so excited to go back to school this year. I think she mostly missed her friends, but she has been reading and I am so happy to see that she enjoys school. Her goal this summer was to learn how to swim...sure enough she did. We put her in private lessons in July and within 3 weeks she was swimming the length of the pool. Lucas and I are so proud of her. Nothing will stand in her way once she sets her mind to achieving something!
Lucas and the Girls on the 1st Day of School at Granny's House, they always go over before school to take a pic here, Lucas has done this since he was a little boy, I think it's a nice tradition he has started with the girls!




Erynn is 2 1/2-years-old now. We have tried the potty training a few times over the summer...it didn't work out so well. We were told a while back, when she was diagnosed with renal reflux that children with reflux have a harder time potty training, I guess we are seeing that now. I have a hard time being hard on her, she just gets so upset with herself and I hate that pouty look of hers. My mother says it's because she is my last...which is why Lucas is pushing for a fourth, haha
Here are some new pics of the girlies, 1st day of school and new haircuts!!



Erynn with her very 1st hair cut, she did such a good job and I think it came out so adorable, look at that face!!



Andie with her hair short again, I like it like this, but after growing it out all summer, I was surprised she wanted to cut if off. The new thing right now is wearing a feather in your hair, so her she is with a pink one, who would have thought?!?
Avery's hair had gotten so long over summer, she wanted to be Rapunzel for Halloween and was growing it out, well she soon realized with long hair comes tangles (haha), so we trimmed it and it looks so cute now...of course she had to have feathers too, her are smaller though




1 comment:

The Richards said...

super adorable! Potty training is no fun no fun at all ! They look adorable for the first day of school!