Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Greatest Gifts of All

I just wanted to take a few moments and express the joy that my children have brought into my life. On FB, I read about a The Sullenger Family and how they just lost their 18-month-old after a drowning accident. Their story is truly heartbreaking, but made me realize the sweet joys that I have in my life.

Being a mother is the most challenging, giving, and loving job I'll ever have. To be given this responsibility has shown me what life and love are truly about. It makes me so grateful for my wonderful parents, for the love they show me and my family, I would be lost without their example.

My Andie is growing so fast. At times I feel that I am so hard on her, but I know that she has so much potential, I can only push her to be the best that she can be in everything that she does. She is so loving and caring, such a good big sister, it makes me both happy and sad to see how mature she is. She is only 9 and yet I can't wait to see the woman she grows into.

My Avery is full of spirit. She is such a beautiful and lovable child. I worry about her more than the others, because she is such a free spirit. Such a little determined thing, when she sets her mind to something, she will do it. I see this drive in her and know that she is strong and can overcome any challenge that might come her way.

My Erynn is such a little firecracker. Who says she's a baby?? She thinks she is as big as her sisters. I know that she is strong, she has proven to be a fighter already. She loves her family so much and will do anything to make you laugh. We would be lost without her.

We have had our ups and downs and no one knows what the future will hold for them. All I can do is pray that they are strong, happy, safe, and loved.

No comments: