Sunday, October 25, 2009

Where's Avery?

So I was taking a nap, I had to work the night shift and my sweet husband comes in. Wakes me with a kiss on the cheek and tell me that he and our neighbor can't find the girls. When I say girls I mean, the 4-year-olds.

As I get up and outside, I can hear my Andie yelling for Avery, I see my neighbor coming down the sidewalk and I look across the street and there they are. Coming out of a house that is for sale. No one live there right now and it has one of those real estate locks on it. I tell Avery's friend to close the door and head home and I yell to Avery to get in the house.

Just then I see Lucas coming down the street in our car. I explain that they just walked out of the house across the street and he head inside to deal with Avery, so glad I didn't have to do that.

I walk into the vacant house, there is nothing there, except two pairs of shoes. I walk into one of the rooms and find Avery's socks and on top of the kitchen counter is a paper. I look at it and it is a real estate page for people who view the house to leave their contact information. I look down and there are two name added to this list. It now has Avery's and her friend's name on the paper. I am only telling this story from my daughter's perspective and will leave it up to my neighbor to admit her daughter was involved or not. Sorry for the secretiveness.

Anyway, I am so glad to see that everything turned out O.K. and they are safe, but when put in that situation, all the bad things that could have happened start to enter your head. Let's just say that Avery will not be playing for awhile now.

1 comment:

The Welker Family said...

That is too funny! I love that your husband woke you up with a kiss to tell you about your missing daughter. Gotta love little explorers!