Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy 29th B-day Lucas!!!

Yes, it is that time. I have to spend a few moments writing about my wonderful husband on his birthday.

Lucas and I have been together almost 14 years, yes 14. For as long as I have known him, he has always had a wonderful heart, very loving and giving. He is the best father, husband, brother, and son. I have been so blessed to have met him when I was so young. I didn't realize when we first met all those years ago in gym class that he would change my life. I do recall though that I thought he was cute back then and still think that I snagged myself a pretty good looking guy, the best looking of the Johnson boys! Lucas has taught me to be more assertive and confident in myself. He has taught me about love and life. Lucas was the first one to say "I Love You" and is never afraid of showing some PDA.

We have so much in common, I can truly say that he is my best-friend and soul-mate. We bring out the best and the worst in each other. He has given me two, almost three beautiful daughters that we both love and cherish. He is always wanting to find fun things for us to do as a family. He has such a big heart. He is very dependable and loyal. I know that his friends depend on him when they are in a bind or just need advice. He has had the same group of buddies for as long as I have known him.

I could go on and on. I will end this though with a quote from our song:

"...I will love you, baby - Always

And I'll be there forever and a day - Always

I'll be there till the stars don't shine

Till the heavens burst and

The words don't rhyme

And I know when I die, you'll be on my mind

And I'll love you - Always..."

-Bon Jovi
At the Renaissance Festival last year. Lucas took the girls on an elephant.

At the Graham County Fair this year. Lucas got a bracelet too, so that he could act like a big kid and ride the rides with the girls.

Every day I am reminded of how lucky I am to have him for a husband. I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.

I love you Luke, Happy Birthday!!!

No comments: