Saturday, December 27, 2008

1st Snow for Christmas Dinner

Well it happened yesterday. We actually had snow fall yesterday afternoon and into the evening. There is a blanket that covers the ground this morning!

Lucas and I like to joke that the snow has followed us here from Flagstaff. While we were in Flagstaff, it snowed like crazy. All three years it snowed so much that the campus closed down for snow days. That hadn't happened in like 15-years, or something, I am just throwing out numbers. Then a few years back, the Thatcher/Safford area got like 12-18 in of snow in January. So in the last 6 years, we have had snow for 5 of them!

There is just something magical about snow around Christmas time. We may not have had it on Christmas, but we got it before New Years. The girls were so excited! Mt. Graham looks beautiful. I had Lucas take a few pics to remember it by, because I know as soon as that sun comes up this afternoon, it will all be gone.

We had a little family get together yesterday afternoon for Christmas dinner, because I had to work on Christmas Day. My grandma was there, my mother, father, and sister. It was so nice to be all together. My grandpa is still at Infinia, but doing so much better. We all can't wait for him to get to go home. Especially my grandma, then she won't have to stay at my Aunt Nathalia's anymore. Andie learned how to play her new Hannah Montana guitar game and we couldn't keep Avery offer her hopper ball. Her little pigtails were just flying all over the place.

I am still having a hard time believing that it is almost the end of the year. Lucas' b-day is tomorrow! Don't really have too much planned, but hoping to get to go out eat just the two of us. My parents are planning to take the kids tonight, which would be fabulout because I think that Andie is getting cabin fever. No school right now, plus she has Bronchitis. Stinks being sick for Christmas.

No comments: