Saturday, October 8, 2011

Yay October!!

I have posted in the past how much I LOVE October, well it is here again!!

It is Fair Weekend!! I know there are a lot of people out there that think the Fair is gross, dirty, with crazy people, and bad food...which is true, but we love it! I love the parade Friday morning. I love the going to the exhibits and seeing my girls school work. I love watching the excitement as they wait to get on a ride. I love the smiles (and sometimes tears) on their faces as they get off a ride. I love the time I get to spend with my hubby and our girlies and my mom usually comes along too. It is just an all around time for family bonding. Unfortunately I work most of the weekend, so we have yet to make the trip, but soon!

Here are some pics from the parade...

My girlies watching the Thatcher Float in the Parade...GO EAGLES!


Also, we got to enjoy the "fruits" of Andie's labor. A few months ago Andie decided to plant her watermelon seeds in the backyard. We weren't sure if anything was going to grow, we live on a rock. Well it did! It has been fun and exciting to see this little watermelon seed grow into a plant almost the length of the backyard! We cut open one of those watermelons and it was so pink and smelled so good and was so yummy to eat! We are so proud of our Andie and have decided to clear out a section in the yard to designate as "Andie's Garden". Can't wait to get that project underway...

Andie's watermelon Avery enjoying some yummy watermelon

No comments: